Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Bye Bye Tampons!

Oh my gosh. After months of being skeptical of everyone in my Women's Studies classes talking about the Diva Cup, I finally gave in and ordered one. I got it right before my period, so I was able to use it right away. It is the coolest thing since sliced bread. . .Seriously. For those of you who don't know what the Diva Cup is, it's a menstrual cup (sounds gross, but really it's not). Here are a few pro's out of the many: it is super comfortable (you can't even feel it in), it can stay in for up to 10-12 hours, it doesn't leak at all. . .no really it doesn't, it is better for you (it's FDA approved and isn't linked to TSS. . .unlike tampons), it's environmentally friendly, it's better for you (read about it in the above link), and it saves you money. For cons I guess I would have to say that before you get a good technique down, it is a little more time consuming than tampons or pads, but I mastered my technique in about a day and a half. Before I got it I thought that it would be icky and messy, but really it is not any messier than changing a tampon. And best of all it's guaranteed for 10 years. . .Wow think of all the money you would spend on disposable feminine products in 10 years. I am recommending this to every female I know.

You can get it at amazon for just over 20 bucks. . .which is like 15 less than I payed for it. . .
I assure you, it is worth every penny!!!

No comments: