Thursday, January 4, 2007

Guys and Dolls

Ok, My son has a baby doll. He is very interested in babies and points them out wherever we go, so I bought him a doll. I have received several comments about it. One being that I am going to turn him gay, another that I only bought him a doll because I'm a feminist, and another that I shouldn't have had bought him that because it is not a "boy toy." It really kind of bugs me. I don't think that there is anything wrong with a little boy playing with a doll. . . it is a good open-ended toy, and it helps teach nurturing and compassion. Heaven forbid that he should grow up be a nurturing father. He also has a play kitchen so he would have something to do when I am trying to cook. Oh my, I guess a kitchen is a girl toy too. . .what am I doing to the poor boy. He also has an ungodly amount of stuffed animals, and trucks, and trains, and books, and blocks. . .and so on. He has a wide variety of toys, both "boy" and "girl." Oh man, I would hate for him to grow up well rounded.

I seriously don't know what the problem is. Maybe someone could tell me why it is so wrong??

No comments: